[Cake, November 2008.]
Menu For Hope is an annual fundraiser put together by food bloggers around the globe to raise money for a world cause — the U.N. World Food Programme, and this year a school lunch program in Lesotho, Africa — which runs December 10-24. For every US$10 donated, the donor receives a virtual raffle ticket toward a prize of his or her choice. The full list of raffle prizes is here; the West Coast list is on Matt’s fab blog here. At the end of the two-week fundraising period the raffle tickets are drawn and the winners will be announced at Chez Pim.
My contribution to this very worthy cause is a coffee package from San Francisco — specifically, a delicious 1/2 pound of my very favorite Blue Bottle coffee made right here in the Bay area, a pretty new mug to drink it in, and a yummy home-made baked good such as a cake or sweet bread (made to specific dietary restrictions, ie: vegan, gluten-free, extra butter, etc.) or a batch of cookies, or or or.
Please go to Firstgiving.com to donate and check out all the wonderful prizes. If you’d like a little bit of love from the West Coast, enter enter code UW16 — but definitely look around at all the other amazing things offered and bid bid bid! This year in particular things are probably tight for a great many of us and this is a great way to give a unique gift while also supporting a very worthy cause. Thanks so much for your support!
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at chezpim.com
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope5 and make a donation.
3. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.